Blazon Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Blazon Academy

We are here to duel, teach, and enjoy Yu-Gi-Oh. P.S. Blazon, look up it's definition.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  
Latest topics
» "BlackBlood Brothers"
Mecha Beatdown I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 3:56 am by MatsueMuki

» Gem-Knights
Mecha Beatdown I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 3:45 am by MatsueMuki

» Welcome to All-Around Room
Mecha Beatdown I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 3:42 am by MatsueMuki

» Stratovarius- A drop in the Ocean
Mecha Beatdown I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 3:38 am by MatsueMuki

» Application
Mecha Beatdown I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 01, 2012 12:21 am by Azananrel

» Breaking point
Mecha Beatdown I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 11:44 am by MasaomiKida

» Lesson 10: Lightray
Mecha Beatdown I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 10:57 am by MasaomiKida

» Lesson 9: Level
Mecha Beatdown I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 7:57 pm by MasaomiKida

» MasaomiKida Account
Mecha Beatdown I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 04, 2012 3:57 am by MasaomiKida

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Most active topics
Baccano! (Title needs to be within 10 and 255 characters, so it seems that putting just plain "Baccano!" without the quotation marks around said title just won't fit, so I plan on trying to make the title fit just right in its spacial boundries.)
Application
Mecha Beatdown
Fluffy's Account
Gem-Knights
MasaomiKida Account
Nitroturbo
Slot Tool application :D
Application
Application

Mecha Beatdown

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Fluffy Stuff
Swarm Level 1
Fluffy Stuff

DP : 100

Mecha Beatdown Empty
PostSubject: Mecha Beatdown   Mecha Beatdown I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 8:16 am

Everyone should know how to build these. Machina Gadgets are by FAR the easiest deck to use, and can greatly help turning a n00b-ass into a high tier player in almost no time flat. I skipped out on playing yugioh for almost 5 years, and the FIRST deck I had picked up to start playing again was this very deck, and it got me right back into the game.

Granted some coaching is always needed. I had no idea what synchros were, or what the game had evolved into since I had last actually played. Great friends and great coaches (except David...........) helped me back into the game.

This is one of the more versatile decks I have ever seen ever. No lies, you can instantly change your play style within a single draw, and go from a defensive, to a swarm, to an aggressive, to an OTK in a single turn. Trust me, I've done it. I also recommend NOT modifying this deck too much outside personal preferences over certain cards. I learned that the hard way.

Machina Gadget Beatdown
40 cards

19 Monsters:
2x Cyber Dragon (Yes, 2, not 3. I'll explain later.)
2x Green Gadget
2x Yellow Gadget
2x Red Gadget
2x Jinzo
2x Jinzo Returner
2x Machina Fortress
2x Machina Gearframe
1x Scrap Recycler

14 Spells:
1x Future Fusion
1x Limiter Removal
1x Pot of Avarice
1x Overload Fusion
2x Gold Sarcophagus
2x MST
2x Smashing Ground
2x Solidarity
2x Swords of Revealing Light

7 Traps:
2x Bottomless Trap Hole
2x Call of the Haunted
1x Mirror Force
2x Solemn Warning

4 Extra Deck:
2x Chimeratech Fortress Dragon
2x Chimeratech Overdragon
(I wouldn't recommend running much else. Explanations due below.)

Side Deck:
1x Solemn Judgement
1x Torrential Tribute

Starting off, "Why only 2 Cyber Dragons and not 3?" When this deck was built, Cyber Dragon was Semi-Limited, so only 2. Also, 3 is unnecessary because it would throw of your draw probability slightly. Fortress Dragon does not require a fusion card, AND can be done with 1 Cyber Dragon and other Machines from ANY side of the field. Cyber Dragon is almost a Staple card in every Machine/Dragon deck. Future Fusion requires that the monsters be sent from the DECK, so you want to try and keep them in the deck at all costs. Granted if you do draw one, switch plans and use him to summon a Fortress Dragon, or use him to Special Machina Fortress from your hand or grave. That puts a Cyber Dragon in the grave to safely use with Overload Fusion.

Now for the Power Card in the deck, the Main Course. Machina Fortress. His effects:
"You can discard Machine-Type monster(s) whose total Levels equal 8 or more to Special Summon this card from your hand or Graveyard. When this card is destroyed by battle and sent to the Graveyard, select and destroy 1 card your opponent controls. When this face-up card you control is targeted by an opponent's Effect Monster's effect, look at your opponent's hand and discard 1 card from their hand."
He can be Specialed from hand OR grave. Note the wording, "Machine-Type monster(s) whose levels equal 8 or more". This includes Fortress himself. You can discard him and any other monster in your hand to special him. He is a recurring nightmare for anyone that can't seem to get rid of him permanently. The only way to truly stop Fortress from becoming a problem is Banishing him, so be wary of Macro Cosmos or a Bottomless Trap Hole. You also CANNOT forget his Secondary and Tertiary effects. Use them to your advantage. "Destroyed by battle" includes ramming him to destroy him on purpose. The Life Points you can take are negligible compared to being able to take out that beat-stick that keeps harassing you. As far as I know, Effect Veiler can negate this strategy, so be wary. That brings us to his Tertiary (Third) Effect is to look at your opponents ENTIRE hand and discard a card of your choosing. This activates when he is TARGETED by an effect. Spell, Trap, Monster, doesn't matter. Granted Effect Veiler is an exception, due to the fact that she negates all his effects.

Now to explain why I say not to run much other than said side deck. Solidarity. It only receives its effect if there is only one type of monster consistent throughout your grave. This may be Warriors, Spellcasters, or in our case, Machines. Most Staple Extra Deck monsters ARE NOT Machines. If one of those were to hit the grave, Solidarity would be useless. I don't like to heavily rely on it, but one Solidarity can make a difference between Ramming your Fortress to nuke a monster with his effect and just plain running the monster over. I didn't say you shouldn't run other monsters in the Extra, but also note that there aren't any Tuner monsters. No Tuners = No Synchros. Xyz are different. If you can find a Machine Type Xyz, sure, you can run him. But make him useful.

Now for the Dessert. YUM! I said something about being able to switch playstyles withing a single draw? Yes, true. You can have the worst hand ever, and within the next standby phase, having your opponent scrambling to try and stop you from ripping him a new one. There are plenty of cards here to do this. Solidarity is one example. One can make a difference, but what about having 2? Or what if you come across the even more juicy Future Fusion? That one card can switch your playstyle completely. BUT! The only card in your Extra that can use Future Fusion is Overdragon. "But wait, doesn't he nuke your whole field when he hits it?" Yes, counter productive doing that. That is why you also have an Overload Fusion in hand. Or wait until you do at least. This strategy is very situational and very deadly. Future Fuse for Overdragon, send Cyber Dragon, 2 Jinzos, and 2 Jinzo Returners to the Grave. Not much else is necessary, because odds are that you already have enough monsters in the grave for later. Maybe you can send Scrap Recycler and the 2 Card Troopers if you haven't foddered them off already. Jinzo Returners Effect Specials the 2 Jinzos to the Field, I put them in Defense for safety measures. THEN, you Overload Fuse those SAME monsters you sent (with exception of 1 or both Jinzos on the field). You banish all those monsters and instantly get yourself an Overdragon on your field. What ever you do though, unless your opponent has NO back row, and NO defence, DO NOT use all your monsters in the grave for Overload. The last thing you want is to get an 8000+ ATK Overdragon and get Mirror Forced, or even Bottomlessed. That would not only be foolish AND leave you completely open with no defenses to protect yourself against their counter attack, you would also look like a fool for not planning for it. No worries, there are ways to come back. Sometimes.

Side Deck. Hmmm, not much I can say about it. The ORIGINAL build I had only had 1 Call of the Haunted, 1 Solemn Judgement, 1 Torrential, and a Spell that has slipped my mind as time went on. Maybe it was a Monster Reborn. Seems legit, right? Not much to say, Traps are a personal preference kind of thing. I found those easiest to work with, though sometimes I replace the Warnings with 2 Trap Stuns or Dark Bribes. Up to you.

The last and FINAL lesson I can give you about this deck, is to just play with it. Duel people with it, and LEARN how it works. I can teach you anything and everything, but you have to learn it by yourself from experience. I really hope you become a better player some day than you already are. Everyone has room for improvement.

If you are a user of this Deck setup, feel free to give suggestions. I am always up for new ideas, but nothing too extreme. This is the deck I got back to playing with, and can almost play it without thinking about it. Just a second nature deck. A back-up plan if you must say. I don't main this because of that reason. I like the challenge of trying to win, and thinking through strategies.
Back to top Go down
Revolution
Admin
Revolution

Mecha Beatdown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mecha Beatdown   Mecha Beatdown I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 9:31 am

haha its funny that you would post this because in 2010 season (or 2011) one of my good friends played a deck similar to this build in a local reginal and he did win with it. Got 1st place! The only thing I saw fault with his deck as well as this one and many other XD is the future fusion is what I call the God card of the deck and if something locked it down then you would have a decently sized set-back. You could still win, but it will decrease your chances. Just a few things to consider Wink

P.S. I'm not a 100% on what to replace for it, but I think you can find something better than scrap recyclers to add. personal opinion of course.
Back to top Go down
https://bav1.forumotion.com
Fluffy Stuff
Swarm Level 1
Fluffy Stuff

Mecha Beatdown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mecha Beatdown   Mecha Beatdown I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 28, 2012 12:20 pm

I only run Future Fusion to send monsters to the grave so I can combo it with Overload Fusion. I would never ever use it without an Overload in my hand.

If I had to get rid of it, I would easily replace it with a Monster Reborn. Easy Fortress summon without discarding.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Mecha Beatdown Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mecha Beatdown   Mecha Beatdown I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mecha Beatdown
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Blazon Academy :: Dorms :: Rooms :: Swarm :: Deck Garage-
Jump to: